What is NEET?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD/MS) in government or private medical colleges in India. NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS/BDS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves.
- Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST-II (UG)
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana is 25 years as on 31st December, of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions shall be as per the rules of the State/University/Institution concerned.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2016 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. However, they are eligible to appear in NEET-II for admission in Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and AFMC, Pune.
How To Apply
- Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board's website www.aipmt.nic.in Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website
- Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
- Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility or
- Through e-Challan by depositing fee in CBSE's Bank Account maintained by Syndicate Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank directly by downloading the e-Challan Form from the website of www.aipmt.nic.in.
- Net Banking
- e-wallet of Common Service Centre (CSC)
Medium and Mode Of Entrance Test
NEET 2016 will be an offline pen and paper test. The question paper contains questions in "English" and "Hindi"
The NEET consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only. The duration will be 03 hours and it is a single stage exam. Each correct answer will get 04 marks and for each incorrect response, 01 mark will be deducted from the total score. Thus, paper will be of total 180 X 4 = 720 marks.
What is the date schedule for submission of Online application
Schedule for on-line submission of application forms starts on every year in the month of December/January(Dates may change)
Qualifying or Cut-off marks for NEET
NEET Cut off will be based on various factors including availability of seats, number of candidates appeared and difficulty level of the entrance examination. This must be noted that the NEET cut off marks will be announced along with declaration of NEET Results
What is the official website of the Board for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)?
The official website of the Board for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is www.aipmt.nic.in or www.cbseneet.nic.in . All the examination related information will be available on these websites.